STRATEGIC DIRECTION | 2023-2028
Curious. Compassionate. Connected.
In a world facing many challenges, our strategic direction reflects the fundamental goal of enabling our graduates to be fully equipped not only to manage the world they will inherit but to thrive in it and make meaningful differences to the lives of those around them. In order for this vision to be realized, we embrace our responsibility to be good stewards of our human, monetary and physical resources and to use these for the betterment of our school.
As part of our new Strategic Direction, we will be changing our school name from TMS to Lauremont School, beginning at the start of the 2024/2025 school year.
Full details about the change of our school name can be found in the FAQs and the Head of School video.
LAUREMONT SCHOOL: A NEW CHAPTER
The word “Lauremont” captures elements of both the International Baccalaureate and the Montessori philosophy within it, empowering us with a name that will reflect this very distinctive educational framework and learning environment.
It will be the same great school with a name that belongs to everyone.
To promote a mindset of innovation and a commitment to service in our approach to teaching and learning, that is anchored within our school environment but is most impactful as learners contribute to and becomes drivers of positive social change.
To deepen our commitment to engage in sustainable practices both individually and as a school for the benefit of present and future generations.
To be a truly diverse, equitable and inclusive community which commits itself to preserving and enhancing the well-being of all.
Our mission is to provide an inclusive educational experience which encourages every learner to become compassionate, curious and connected citizens in a complex and changing world.
Inspiring a culture of innovation, service, and creative inquiry one student at a time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why were Innovation, Sustainability and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) selected as the three strategic pillars for the school?
- Who was involved in the Strategic Planning process?
- How did you come to develop the new Mission and Vision for the school?
- Why are we changing the name of the school?
- What does this mean for the future - are we no longer going to be a Montessori school?
- When will the name change come into effect?
- How will the school maintain a sense of connection with our Alumni when the new name has no associations for them?
- How will we avoid the problem of people assuming that we are a completely new school with no history once the TMS name is gone?
- If the full “Montessori” name is no longer part of the school name, how will people know that we are a Montessori school from Toddler to Grade 6?
- What will happen to the school uniforms and athletic wear?
- Will all transcripts, diplomas and other documentation from past years have the TMS name replaced by the new name?
- Won’t people be confused if they look for TMS in a Google search and can’t find it?
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
If you have any questions related to our five-year strategic direction, please contact Andrew Cross, our Head of School, via the channels below.