TMS 2020/2021 Return to School
There is no doubt that our Return to School this September 2020 has been a very new experience for students, staff, faculty, and families. School may not be the same as it was for a while but, with the collective support of our school Community, TMS developed a comprehensive plan for our students to return in a safe and effective way.
The Return to School Plan is structured to cover topics such as: Program Delivery, Health and Safety, Social and Emotional Health, Campus Access, and Student Life – all level specific. It provides information, guidelines and resources for in-school learning (100% of our Toddler, Children’s House, Elementary and Grade 7 and 8 students have returned to school), as well as Hybrid Learning (a combination program of 50% in-school and 50% online learning for our Grade 9 to 12 students). Both models are robust and ensure that whether our students are in-school or Learning @ Home, they will receive an excellent educational experience.
As we developed the information in the plan, we were guided by five key principles:
- Adherence to social distancing and 'cohorting' (as per current Ministry of Education's guidelines which were supported by information from guidelines created by the Hospital for Sick Children).
- A focus on Health and Safety in strict accordance with current Public Health directives.
- Access to excellence in learning.
- Social and mental health supports for our students.
- A desire to maintain a strong school community.
As information and guidelines shift through the year, so too will our plan which is a living website and resource for our community. While our Return to School will obviously be different this year, with the support of our Community, it can also be great.