Top 10 Questions about TMS
- 1) What are the general steps of the admissions process from start to finish?
- 2) Does TMS accept International students and/or do you offer an ESL program?
- 3) What are the Tuition Fees at TMS?
- 4) Are there any other costs to consider outside of tuition?
- 5) Does TMS offer a tuition assistance program of kind?
- 6) What are the hours of the school?
- 7) Does TMS offer extended hours?
- 8) Does TMS offer meals to students?
- 9) Is there bussing or transportation to TMS?
- 10) Will I be asked to donate to TMS?
TMS sets money aside each year to help families with students in the Children’s House Program (4 years old or above) who would be financially unable to send their children to TMS without support. Financial support will also be offered to children of TMS alumni starting in the Toddler program.
Support is generally limited to a maximum of 50% of one tuition per family and is provided in the form of a credit against the tuition fee. Aid of up to 75% is available for strong students in Grade 8 or above.
At our Lower School (Toddler to Gr. 6), our hours vary. Half-day students from 18 months to age 3 attend school from 8:30 AM to 11:50 AM. Full-day students from 18 months to Gr. 6 attend school from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. For our Elementary students, doors open at 8:15 AM where they can practice mindfulness activities in their classroom until the day begins. The Elementary Program day ends between 3:30 - 4:00 PM.
At our Upper School (Gr. 7 to 12), all students attend school from 8:15 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Thursday. On Fridays, students start their day later at 9:20 AM. Supervision is on-site from 7:00 AM to 8:15 AM and in the afternoon from 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
Yes! TMS offers extended care before and after the regular school day at our Lower School only, and at an additional cost. Care hours run as follows:
- The before school Extended Care Program runs from 7:15 to 8:30 AM
- The after school Extended Care Program runs from 4:00 to 6:00 PM
More information can be found in the TMS Lower School Extended Care Program 2019-20 document.
TMS offers different lunch programs depending on the level of school your child is in. Costs will vary by program and age. Details can be found below:
- Toddler and Children’s House 1 students have a catered lunched (which is a mandatory program due to requirements of the Child Care Early Years Act). Cost for this program is $1000/year (additional to tuition).
- For students ages 4 to Gr. 6, parents have the option to send their own snacks/lunch, or order from our TMS preferred catering company (Healthy Head Start for Kids)
- Upper School students provide their own lunch or can order through a lunch program.
TMS does not currently offer bussing to and from school for our students. We do offer a Campus Shuttle Service that travels between the Lower School and Upper School (one in the morning and twice after school), and is open to both Elementary and Upper School students. The service is provided through a school bus company, using a school bus suitable to the number of riders. There is an additional cost for this service. More information can be found on the Shuttle Bus Form Here.
TMS will be piloting a bussing program starting September 2020 for students at our Upper School. Routes and pricing will be available in the Spring of 2020.
TMS is not only an independent school, but also a not-for-proﬁt charitable organization. Our school receives no funding from the government and uses tuition fees to run daily operations throughout the year. In order to fund projects above and beyond the day-to-day needs of the school, we rely on the generous gifts of donors. As a TMS family, you have the option to give through a variety of means – annual giving, making a major gift or pledge, event sponsorship, and more. Your generosity allows TMS to continue to grow our campus and programs in ways that deliver on our commitment to innovation and entrepreneurial thinking for our students.
Currently, we are in the midst of our multi-phased Building Our Signiﬁcance Capital Campaign. Read more about this exciting campaign here, and what it means for TMS and our students.
If you have more questions about TMS, please take a look through our website, or contact our Admissions Oﬃce at: firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your questions.
If you have more questions about TMS, please take a look through our site, or contact our Admissions Office at email@example.com directly with your questions.