Bussing Pilot Registration
In the Fall of 2019, we sent out a survey to gauge interest about a bussing pilot for TMS students. Based on the response and our research, TMS is moving forward with a pilot effective September 2020. Here is how the pilot project will work for 2020/21:
- TMS will run four routes across the GTA/York Region to and from the Upper School. Please see diagrams and details of the bussing routes below.
- While we acknowledge there is interest from families with students at both campuses, we want to ensure we work out all logistics with our older students first.
- TMS is contracting STOCK to be our service provider and while on the bus the driver and bus company supervise and are in charge of the students. For the first year of the pilot, we will only offer the bussing service to Upper School students.
- For the pilot, in order to keep costs low, we are focusing on developing routes that have a number of pick up/drop off spots along the way.
- These stops will be created once we have finished registration and work with the transportation company to finalize the specific routes.
- We want to ensure the drop off/pick up locations are safe, well-lit and easily accessible. These locations will be finalized by the end of April, 2020.
Please note, that it will be the parents’ responsibility to ensure their child’s safety to and from the bus stop.
- The cost per student for the 2020/21 school year is $2200.
- Registration is due April 1, 2020. Parents will be invoiced for the bus and payment will be due May 1, 2020.
- Please note that we will finalize the drop off/pick up locations and times during the month of April.
- The expected pickup time for most routes will be between 7:15 and 7:30am in order to have students arrive at the Upper School by 8:15am.
- The expected departure time from the Upper School at the end of the day is 4:45pm which will mean drop-off time for most routes between 5:15 and 5:30pm.
- For the pilot, we need to adhere to the times above, so students will sign on for both pick up and drop off each day and will need to make alternate accommodations if they don’t use the bus service because of absences or participation in other activities.
- Please note that these routes are in addition to the current shuttle bus that runs between both campuses. We will use the South Route bus as the shuttle in the morning and afternoon.
- The cost for the shuttle service between the two campuses will be $1000 per student per year. (Please note this is discounted from the current year because we are using the same bus for multiple routes.)
- If you are interested in signing up for the Bussing Pilot, please click HERE to complete the registration. Please complete one form per child. All forms need to be returned by April 1st 2020, and payment in full must be made by May 1, 2020.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
North Route (Aurora/King)
The North Route will start in King City, and go east on King Side Road, north on Bathurst Street to Wellington Street, east on Wellington Street to Yonge Street, south to Bloomington Side Road, east to Bayview Avenue and then south on Bayview Avenue to to Elgin Mills Road.
South Route (Thornhill)
The South Route will go north on Bayview Avenue from Steeles Avenue and west on Elgin Mills Road to the Upper School. This is the only bus that will make a quick stop at the Lower School and will pick up Upper School students already signed up for the TMS Shuttle.
East Route (Unionville)
The East Route will start in Unionville (around Kennedy Road and Highway 7) and go west on Highway 16, north on Leslie Avenue and west on Elgin Mills Road.
West Route (Kleinberg)
The West Route will start in Kleinberg, going east on Major Mackenzie Road, north on Bathurst Street, and east on Elgin Mills Road.