Welcome to the TMS Return to School Site
Dear TMS Community,
As we look ahead to September, we are feeling confident that our Return to School plans will provide your children with an outstanding, safe and supportive experience at school. While we are still not back to what we are used to, we have learned a lot over the past year about offering an excellent learning environment under truly unprecedented circumstances. We continue to believe that while school may not be the same as it was for a while longer, with our collective support, it can still be really great.
As we did last year we have updated our Return to School website to continually share updated information about Program Delivery, Health and Safety, Social and Emotional Health, Campus Access, and Student Life, by level of the school. Please note that specific pages are date stamped so you can clearly see when the information was updated.
As we have developed the information in the plan, we continue to be guided by five key principles:
- Adherence to physical distancing, masking and cohorting.
- A focus on Health and Safety in strict accordance with current York Region Public Health directives.
- Access to excellence in learning.
- Social and mental health supports for our students.
- A desire to maintain a strong school community.
I look forward to confirming additional details with you in the coming weeks but I am very encouraged by the comprehensive scope and creativity in the planning that our team has undertaken. Please check back to this site regularly as new/updated information will be posted throughout the summer and into the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
The planning you find on this site is based on current guidelines and recommendations but we recognize that those may change at any time (so please check back regularly).
If you have any additional questions about our return in September, please contact your child's Academic Head directly. They will also be reaching out to you with additional details about the start of school by level.
While our Return to School will be different, it can also, with your support, be a time of growth, challenge and engagement for all of our students.
With kind regards, and stay well,
PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION
York Region’s COVID-19 website includes up-to-date information on testing procedures, updates on the status of COVID-19 in York Region and COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Information.
All York Region Public Health Resources can be found HERE.
Additional YRPH Information:
- Memo: CHANGES TO ELIGIBILITY FOR COVID 19 TESTING AT COMMUNITY TESTING LOCATIONS (January 4, 2022)
- Memo: SCHOOLS AND CHILD CARE SETTINGS - GUIDANCE UPDATE (January 3 2022)
- Memo: COVID-19 UPDATE FOR FAMILIES ATTENDING CHILD CARE SETTINGS IN YORK REGION (January 13, 2022)
COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
- Ontario Health Memo: Extended Shelf-Life for Rapid Antigen Tests - April 14, 2022
- TMS Memo: Distribution and Use of Rapid Antigen Tests - April 7, 2022
- Zoom Q&A with Dr. J. McCready - 'Covid-19 Vaccines for Children Aged 5-11' - December 15, 2021
- Updated Eligibility for PCR Testing and Case and Contact Management Guidance in Ontario - December 20, 2021
- Ontario Updating Public Health Measures and Guidance in Response to Omicron - January 5, 2022
- Government of Canada - Adjustments to Travel Restrictions - February 15, 2022