Welcome to the TMS Return to School Site
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is with anticipation and excitement that I welcome you to the beginning of another school year. I would like to warmly welcome all new families in particular and hope that you will quickly feel like a valued part of our incredible community.
I hope that you and your families have enjoyed some holiday time together over the past two months and that your children are looking forward to re-connecting with their friends, classmates and teachers.
Please take the time to refer to the information which can be found in this Return to School 2022-2023 site for full details. For the most part, we will start the new school year as we ended the old one and we look forward to a full program of clubs, co-curricular and extracurricular activities this year. Below are some particular things to note as we begin this year:
- Mask wearing is optional for anyone entering the inside of our buildings. We do encourage the use of masks which are proven to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission, but we also want to emphasize our expectation that each individual’s choice will be respected.
- There is no longer any requirement to self-test on a routine basis, but anyone who is feeling unwell must remain at home. If Covid-19 symptoms are experienced, the person should self-test and remain at home for at least 5 days and until they are feeling better before returning to school. Parents should please inform the School Nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your child’s Academic Head in case of a positive Covid test.
- We will no longer be using any screening tools including OPN on arrival at school.
- We will continue to maintain our elevated health and hygiene procedures such as the use of HVAC air filters, regular disinfection of surfaces, and use of hand sanitizers.
- Eligible students and staff are no longer required to be fully vaccinated but we do strongly encourage vaccination as a way of reducing the severity of any Covid infection, making a faster recovery and keeping those around us healthy and safe.
- If self-isolation is complete after 5 days regardless of vaccination status or age, for a total of 10 days from symptom onset individuals with Covid-19-sympotoms must continue to wear a well-fitted mask.
- Unvaccinated children aged 5 through 11 need to wear a mask in public settings (including schools and day camps) for 14 days after arrival to Canada from any international trip.
Should circumstances change significantly, or Public Health brings in new regulations we will evaluate the above at that time. However, we are optimistic that this year we will be a turning point and we look forward to offering a full program of events and activities across the school for students and parents. We are also looking forward very much to the opening of our new Dining Halls on both campuses in January 2023 which represent an exciting new addition to our services to the community.
I look forward to welcoming your children back to school!
With kind regards,
Head of School
PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION
York Region’s COVID-19 website includes up-to-date information on testing procedures, updates on the status of COVID-19 in York Region and COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Information.
All York Region Public Health Resources can be found HERE.
- Back-To-School Update from York Region Public Health
- Update for Child Care Centres - York Region Public Health (September 19, 2022)